Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dog days


I love my dog very much. I never thought I'd be one of "those crazy dog people," but I am. I never thought she'd sleep in my bed, but she does. I also never thought I could have such a strong connection with another being. I've been told that my mood is apparent by the way the dog acts before I even enter a room. I'm not just bragging, but she has an extensive vocabulary, and can pick out key words if I give a command that is in sentence form. She's a pointer, and very smart. Sometimes, very smart is bad. Like when she figured out how to open the refrigerator when she was still a naughty puppy.

My wonder dog goes anywhere I go. We drive cross country (which she loves; idiot dog), we hike, we go tide pooling in the coastal pools of New Hampshire, and at the end of the day, she's content to snuggle up against me.

Then, we moved here and she made a new best friend. Don't get me wrong. When she's not playing, she's still my shadow. But this friend of hers is a lab puppy who has at least 20 lbs on her and is still growing. They wear each other out wrestling and playing, and I'm perfectly happy that she's becoming socialized with dogs again.

However. They like to play tug of war with my roommate's socks (Not in front of us, or we'd be able to end it). This means they both get fibers stuck in their throat. Her dog did some gagging last night, but we figured out it was throat tickle from a piece of sock. What was the first thing my dog did this morning? Threw up on the carpet from gagging so much from the fibers. Second Saturday in a row! Cleaning vomit while half asleep is very awesome. But, I would obviously do anything for my little baby. She's my pal.
Don't forget to vote! http://tinyurl.com/cecjnz

No comments:

Post a Comment