Sunday, March 15, 2009

CDO

It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order. The way it should be.

No, I didn't make it up, and I don't know who did, so I can't give credit. It's funny, though.

My roommate and I both have actual OCD. Not what people think of when they think of OCD. Neither of us obsessively wash our hands or flick light switches on and off seventeen times before leaving the house. We both have it, though. It manifests in different ways. Mine is, well, insane. I do crazy things, but most people who don't live with me can't tell I have it. Most people who don't live with her probably couldn't tell she has it, either.

I fixate on things. I get something in my head and fixate on it and think about it over and over until I can do something about it. Like in the middle of the night when I decided I needed to pierce my nose. That was me first thing in the morning at the tattoo shop getting my nose pierced. Along with my belly button. Or when I get fixated on the 2002 Winter Olympics and watch the opening ceremonies nonstop for days. I mean nonstop.

So now that I've moved, I feel like I have clutter from stuff that doesn't have a place. I'm fixating on things that have not yet found homes or been hung up. I spoke with my roomie about hanging some things in common areas. Next thing you know, I'm out in the hall with a hammer. This kicks her OCD into high gear, as she needs time to process the change. I didn't realize that until that moment. She's afraid of making the wrong decision. I can understand that, because I used to feel the same way.

We'll figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment