Monday, April 27, 2009

Shit!

I have a reader! AND a request to blog more.

This is for you, Helmet Girl.

I'm from the Boston area. I am a die-hard sports fan, and this means I enjoy talking about sports all the time. Sadly, I no longer live with anyone who is from the same area. Therefore, few people I ramble on to regarding sports gives a shit about what I'm talking about!

Right now, Boston is doing well. Bruins swept the Canadiens and are waiting for the other teams to play to finish the quarterfinals. The Celtics...well, they lost today, and their series is tied at two. The Red Sox, on the other had, THEY just swept the Yankees at home. The first Sox/Yankee showdown, and we came out on top! The Sox were off to a rough start to the season, but now they've had a ten game winning streak. I've been IMing my friends all about baseball, and I'm sure I've been met by rolled eyes all around. I know that's what I get from Roommate! (She doesn't like baseball.) I've offered to sing my baseball songs from the musical I was in back in the fifth grade. So far, no takers.

I did talk to two of my friends from home and a cousin from Cambridge, today, though. That made me feel a lot better. Oh, they hate listening to Sox on Fox as well. Joe Buck? Shut up! Tim McCarver? For real! Stop talking! They are employed by Fox, not New York. ESPN was loads better today, but I am so jealous they still get the broadcasts on NESN. Remy and Orsillo are the best sportscasters ever. I love when they start laughing about something and have to shut off their mikes. The flying pizza incident? Priceless. Remy falling off the desk while playing air guitar? Awesome.

Once Helmet Girl saw one of the fights, she decided that maybe she'll start watching baseball. She's Canadian. She's used to hockey.

2 comments: